Thursday, July 29, 2010

If I could go back in time....

Yesterday I did two amazing things:

1- I wore shorts in public for the first time in eight years! I can't believe that it's been that long, but I am sad to say that my vanity got the best of me for a while.

2- I purchased a bikini. A real bikini. The last time I bought a bathing suit was 5+ years ago, and that bathing suit was a tankini with a skirt bottom.

I was a size 4 when I stopped wearing shorts. Isn't that crazy? I spotted a tiny bit of cellulite on my thigh one day and decided that that was the beginning of the end. I didn't want to be one of those ladies walking around with cellulite showing- I, unfortunately, judged those women in my thinner days. What was I thinking? Like there aren't more important things to worry about in this world. Looking back, I could kick myself, literally. If I could go back in time I would actually fight myself and kick my own butt, hopefully with my present self beating my old self since I think I'm in better shape now. I think having children has permanently changed my perception of myself and the world. I no longer judge people for wearing shorts! I no longer look at myself with the overly critical eye that I did in my younger days. I actually hated my body when I was thin because I had no appreciation for what I had. These days I'm learning to love my body, and it feels so much better than harboring hate.

Today's menu:
Breakfast- overnight oats with berries and honey and a cup of coffee with half-and-half and honey
Lunch- Sandwich at Jason's Deli
Dinner- ???? Today has been stressful, and I have yet to make it to the grocery store. I'm actually typing this post with a grumpy, weepy two-year-old in my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment