Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Overnight oats

I have never been an oatmeal lover. I've tried to make it a million different ways, and I have never been able to stomach it. That all changed a few weeks ago. I fell in love with overnight oats! I purchased a bag of steel-cut oats at Earthfare back in January, and they just sat in the pantry waiting patiently. I finally got around to trying them after reading about overnight oats. It's so incredibly easy to make, and the texture is out of this world! The recipe I found calls for equal parts steel-cut oats, yogurt and milk. I use Fage 0% for the yogurt and skim milk. I also mash up a ripe banana for sweetness. Mix it all together and let it sit overnight in the fridge. I eat mine cold the next morning with an assortment of berries, peaches, bananas and a little drizzle of honey. The oats stay chewy and are so delicious.

My running is progressing nicely. I'm on week three of Hal's novice half marathon training plan. I managed to get 3.5 miles in today, the first 5k of the 3.5 miles was over in 31:15. I'm really hoping to break 30 minute mark at my 5k on August 28.

My baby has another appointment with the orthopedist today. It's really hard to tell the she fractured her arm. She only favoring it a little now. We'll see what they say today after another round of x-rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment