Friday, February 18, 2011

On a roll.

Since I've posted twice in the last few days, I figured I might as well keep my posting spree up. I have a twinge of pain in my left leg. I swear my left leg gives me the most issues with running of any body part. When I was refitted for shoes weekend before last the gait difference between my left and right feet was amazing! My left foot has an almost perfectly neutral strike while my right foot/ankle overpronates quite a bit. I ended up in Brooks Adrenaline GTS. They are amazing! But, evidently not amazing enough to keep me injury free. I've always run in neutral shoes, so the difference was immediately apparent. I do feel like this shoe is better for my gait, but I have a nagging voice in the back of my head that says this may not be the right shoe. Why do I have this pain in my leg? It feels like the bout of posterior shin splints I went through last fall. I'm going to spend today icing and stretching. Given that I am completely hard-headed, I will probably attempt the 10k tomorrow no matter what. I'll update after it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment